When thinking about your transformation program, particularly when using Lean and A3 Structured Thinking, here are some of my past tweets that will give you some food for thought.
(1) First, you must open minds before you can open eyes.
(2) Problems start when open mindedness slips into empty mindedness.
(3) Evolution is to blame: the human mind is wired to see patterns where there are none and favours correlations and false positives.
(4) Often with patience, you can pries open closed minds to a new reality, but only if the mind is not welded shut by self-delusion.
(5) Driven by open-minded curiosity, exploration, the joy of understanding, and the wonder and mystery about what we don't yet know ...
If you need some help developing your own and/or your team's decision-making skill set, please get in touch. We have delivered our course A3 Critical Thinking for Managers to over 3,000 people in a range of organisations, from technology companies to the public sector. It is offered as an in-house training course and publicly.
The course focuses on critical-thinking and complex problem-solving for professionals engaged in both day-to-day management and change management, and the tried and tested techniques will take you and your organisation to the next level.