One of the more popular workshops I conduct has to do with the A3 decision making process.
It’s popularity isn’t surprising. Many managers at all levels know well how challenging it can be to manage a steady flow of data and information coming to you from a myriad of sources.
A3 thinking pulls that info apart separating the noise from the really useful information. Adapting an A3 process provides a structured problem-solving mindset to guide you and your staff to the best solution.
First developed at Toyota, A3 Thinking is a process is now applied to just about any management conundrum. However It is especially effective at helping understand and solve complex, cross-functional, and chronic problems.
The A3 Thinking process helps you:
- Make rapid, iterative steps toward improvement and problem solving
- Surface issues and problems in a way that avoids blaming individuals
- Cut through the noise and/or misleading information to get the facts
- Be clear with your team about priorities and responsibilities
- Quickly develop a problem solving mindset in your staff to take responsibility for improvement
At Lloyd-Parry, we engage with companies at all levels to demonstrate just how effective A3 is in empowering management environments to move ahead smartly and quickly when sourcing solutions.